SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovelyiris

Toads and daylilies

lovelyiris
16 years ago

A couple of days ago I was working in a new daylily bed. I was planting some daylilies I recently received. While digging with my little hoe/pick making sure everything was perfect I found a iron ore rock and proceeded to pick it up to toss it out of the flower bed. When I got it in my hand it was SOFT. You could have heard me scream a mile away.

These two little eyes were looking up at me - as tho' "what did I do to deserve this"? Anyway, instead of slinging the rock/frog/toad over my shoulder I put it back in another part of the flower bed.

Later I got to thinking, I know toads and frogs eat bugs but when the toad burys itself in the ground will it munch on the roots of my daylilies? Do any of you know the answer to this? I have about a million frogs and probably just as many toads around here. I have a small formed pond that backs up to my bedroom, I have a creek and a bigger pond/stock tank not too far from the house.

Any thoughts on toads and daylilies. Any thoughts on how long it will take to cover 35 acres with daylily trades?

Happy Gardening Marian

Comments (5)