SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

backyard work continues, some stuff still in bloom not daylilies

silverkelt
13 years ago

Im about 3/4 of the way done, I have pulled out 20 or so stumps , there is one Im having a hard time getting at as its physically attached itself around a boulder, big enough I cant move. I also had to pull about 500 sweet ferns and flag ferns!

One side is pretty much set, Ive run out of compost for this year.. so will have to finish the other side next year probably, the one side should be big enough for the roughly 1000 seedlings Im starting this year. After seeing and talking with Karol, she said she relized around 12 years ago it was the parents that mattered the most, get great parents and you will get worthy intro's eventually. So Ive revamped my whole process, its going to take 2 years to see the results, but after my visit with Karol, I relized a few things.

This took about 6 truckload of horse manure and 5 of compost, I might add a few roses here and there, I love antiques especially that come pre daylily season and share thier glory in mid june. there will be a smattering of other perrenials as well. I like to have something blooming after the daylilies are pretty much wrapped up.

Some of the stone was on site, some I get from the builder who has a pile of them. Its sweaty work to move some of these that way over 100 lbs.

Some stuff still in bloom, not much really,

Blanketflower, it blooms early, it blooms late, it blooms all the time. Its a perrenial's perrenial.

Annual Asters.. very lovely

{{gwi:374531}}

Blue Moon Crysanthuem

Sweet Allysum

Helenium Helena mix

{{gwi:433377}}

{{gwi:433378}}

Hibiscus Manihoot

{{gwi:433379}}

Cosmos Mix

{{gwi:433385}}

{{gwi:427005}}