SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlwgardener

Daylily Journal Fall 2011

mlwgardener
12 years ago

I got my Fall 2011 Issue of The Daylily Journal today. IT IS WONDERFUL!!!! It has the best pictures of some of the new 2012 intros for sale. I don't think they are even on the hybridizer's web site yet. Sooooo Beautiful!!!!

There's an article by Karol Emmerich that shows some of the future intros that are just plum amazing. Two have a patterned eye to the point of being a design!!!! One looks like a Christmas tree, the other looks like an orchid bloom. They both are on really dark redish purple daylilies with white edges. I've seen many pictures with patterned eyes, but none with actual designs!!! Oh well, now I'm hooked on another style of daylily. I had just started reallllllly wanting some of the newer ones with patterns, and now this! Ok, I'm going to the bank tomorrow and taking out a second mortage on the house. That's the only way that I know of to be able to get what I want. Reackon I'll be able to get one without my DH signature? I'm just quite sure he won't agree to this. He has been a sweatheart about helping me buy so many bags of Miracle Grow garden soil to repot all 850 pots of daylilies that must be redone. But, I'm afraid he will draw the line on any new investments.But, I am having these pains of anxiety from seeing all these new intros!! Wonderful colors and big bold eyes and edges. They have really got me hooked.

I hope ya'll have gotten your Journals so you too can enjoy all this wonderful new jewels.

Blessings to all, Mona

Comments (8)