SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

SLUGS: why it might be too early for bait

because its too cold ???? depending on your zone ...

they are temp dependent .. and though theoretically they are moving .. up here in MI .. but they are not going far.. and they are NOT going fast ... even for a slug ..

and please dont tell me you are throwing the LURE BAIT ... right next to your crowns.. one might do better to lure them AWAY from the crowns ... wouldnt you think ...

but moving so slow.. they wont make it out to the bait for a few weeks anyway.. see above about moving slow ...

its not going to hurt or be bad to be early .... i am just discussing how effective it might be ...

now.. on the other hand ...

===>>> go buy a $10 pump spray tank .. put in 1 part ammonia or vinegar ... and 9 parts water ...

pump up.. walk around.. point nozzle.. NEVER bend down ... thoroughly wet down every crown and nearby mulch.. that is right where they are hiding ... and any contact will be deathly ... no need to contemplate them coming to your bait ...

maybe 2 gallon sprayer .. but anything bigger will hurt your shoulder/back.. just due to the weight of the 2+ gallons or more of water ...

would never use a backpack version ...

and NEVER salt your plants ... if you see them on the sidewalk.. or wherever .. so be it.. but not the plant itself ... which probably went w/o saying.. but what the heck ...

and if you are early .. i hope you have waterproof bait ....

ken

Comments (7)