SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bchosta

Let's see or hear about... the good, the bad and the ugly!

A tongue-in-cheek review of the year that was, 2013
First the Good!
After a couple of years languishing in a slumber (perhaps a result of wanting to miss out on the particularly wet springs) Journeys End woke up and showed signs of finally getting out of bed!!!

I also picked up a replacement for the Remember Me that was initially growing well in a pot before I transferred it into the ground, whereby it promptly succumbed to rot (rain again!). Guess this one is destined to stay in a container. Took a few years to find one (eventually tried mail order), since the local nurseries dont stock a wide variety.

Whats more, I found a different way to branch out and contain hostas using wall hangers (I already have some in hanging baskets). My garden area is quite limited and running out of space, but these pots allowed me to continue elevating hostas! Equally, the pot size is manageable and will restrict the size of its occupants until they prove ready for the cut!

Next the Bad!
Thats an easy one - da*n deer!!! Although we have seen occasional deer in the last dozen years, this years visitors were many and frequent. Hit the hardest was the Guacamole tribe!

Finally the Ugly!
Just my opinion (with regard to my own plants), but two that I think are underachieving and not reaching their potential (I have seen stunning pictures elsewhere) are Blue Ivory and Emerald Ruff Cut. The former, whilst striking in colour, grows in a laboured manner, and in this picture, it looks like it wants to throw in the towel (saggy and droopy!). Perhaps, next year, it will perk up!

Equally, Emerald Ruff Cut has certainly lived up to its name! Rather ragged after spring, I took it from the ground and will see if a container can coax a better outcome!
{{gwi:936123}}

If you want to join this insallment of thrills and spills, you know what to do with the beans!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations