SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maidinmontana

Could I have the same thing as Carolyn. . . ?

maidinmontana
14 years ago

Hi guys,

I don't know if what I have is mealies or what the heck it is. . I hope you can help me. . .

I have a jar of swedish ivy cuttings sitting in my office, I cut them from a HUGE plant this summer, which has since died. It went so fast I didn't know what to do for it. . . and now I have a feeling this could have been the problem.

Anyway I moved the jar away from the window some as the leaves were starting to look faded. It sits right in front of my keyboard at the moment (as of this morning)so it's righ where I can see it, thank goodness.

So I saw this white tiny stuff on a small leaf, when I went to flick it off, it was wet and ewww, stuck to my fingernail. ICK. . . anyway it just so happened I bought a magnifying glass today so I went and got it to get a closer look. It WAS wet, like it's fresh. So I got a toothpick and poked at it and there is itsy bitsy tiny specks, I'm thinkin eggs???

My concern is this was sitting on the same shelf as some of my hoyas, one of them I'm Dr.ing (I posted last week about using cinnamon on it due to brown spots that cause the leaves to turn yellow and drop off).

Should I follow the same advise you guys gave to Carolyn? Is this the beginning stage of mealies? Or is it something else? How did that gross thing get here? Is it the soil of one of my plants and spreading? Could this have been the reason the mamma swedish ivy died? It lived in my office for 3+ years before it finally died, hopefully it didn't infest everything else growing in here.

I hope you guys can help me, I have never had any bugs of any kind before. . .

TIA. . . maid~

Comments (9)

Sponsored