SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenwolverine

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Compost Pile...

gardenwolverine
17 years ago

Well, my lavender as documented in the 'Is it Dead?' thread did indeed buy the big lavender farm in the sky. But there's a new development.

I'd been keeping the pot in the bathroom for the last week after the flood that was the final watering, with the intention to cut up the dead lavender and take it and the dirt and dump it on my garden. But when I pulled it out today to do just that...

..there's a new sprout! Specifically, of the sage that died a couple of months ago! I know that's it because when it started going downhill I buried pieces of the healthiest cut I made in both the sage pot and the lavender pot, thinking they'd rot and be fertilizer (silly me!). Its now out and under the light, but I still have to cut down the dead lavender. Question tho - since it sprouted in almost complete darkness with only a few minutes of light an hour, would the new sprout do better if it stayed there in the bathroom? How often should I water the new sprout? Keep in mind as well its in a well drained five gallon pot, and I don't plan on moving it to anything smaller because I don't *have* anything smaller.

Comments (3)