SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blue23rose

Still Blooming (however sparingly) in Sthn Indiana

blue23rose
14 years ago

Hi,

I have a few still blooming this first week of August in southern Indiana, in case anyone wants to know what blooms late here. I know that has been a hot topic recently since we are all trying to extend our bloom season.

Starting with GRANNY COOT that I just purchased this year, so it may not bloom this late next year, it is listed as a mid-season bloomer. I had a couple of doubles on it, which it isn't supposed to do.

GRANNY COOT-listed as MRE-(cloudy day-thought I got the wrong daylily, but I believe it is just doing something unusual. I expect it to straighten itself out next year).

GRANNY COOT (sunny day and it is trying to double)

SAVANNAH DEBUTANTE-listed as MLRE-bought in 2005 and is consistently late. It put on a good show this year and is joined by some garden phlox, russian sage, and shasta daisies.

LADY NEVA-listed as EMRE-purchased in 2007 and blooms late with coneflowers and balloon flowers.

KING OF SWING (bought 2007)-listed as mid-season.

SPANISH FANDANGO (2004)-listed as mid-season, but always starts later for me. It is on it's last bloom. PARFAIT and PANTHERETTE are right next to SF and they are listed as MRE, but they are always almost finished before SF starts.

HAWAIIAN GOLD (2007)-not sure what's going on with HG, it is listed as EE. FFO this year was 6/12. Glad it's still going on.

{{gwi:681029}}

HANK WILLIAMS-new this year and listed as ERE, so maybe this is a rebloom scape, but just had to add this. I love it.

CLASSIC ROSE (2007)-can't say enough good things about this one. Listed as Late and it blooms late. Smells WONDERFUL!

APPLE TART(2008)-EMRE-this one seems to put up recurrent scapes. Very glad I got this one.

{{gwi:665996}}

THUNDER AND BLAZES (2007)-EERE. I have two rebloom scapes on this one now. FFO was 6/22, so while I would not consider that an EE, it's definitely an RE.

Hope you enjoy looking at these.

Vickie

Comments (8)