SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

2 Frogs in the Pond Plus some daylily musings

newyorkrita
13 years ago

It must be a very good year for frogs. At least it is in my yard. I have confirmed sightings of two frogs in the big pond and I really think there are three. I am usually lucky to have one frog there at a time. These frogs are small so I am thinking they are most likely green frogs. Wish I could sneek up on them for a picture but they are to jumpy.

The fish in there are also thriving. I have rosey red minows and goldfish both and both had babies this spring. Lots of new little fishes in there.

The racoons would love to have fish dinner and often scoop out anything floating in there overnight like the plastic floating feeding ring or floating waterplants.

Now that I have 7 daylilies planted (did this yesterday) in my front yard mini planters I am thinking about the other side. It would look great if it matched.

Last week I planted one order of 30 TB iris and I am waiting on the second order should be here tomorrow. I am anxious to get them planted. Meanwhile I have been moving daylilies as usual. I don't know what it is with me but it seems that every year there are some that I decide just have to be moved LOL!

I just barely started the project in the way backyard were I am going to be moving lots of late bloomers to make the empty space just extend the late blooming dayly bed. I moved two daylilies in there so far.

Comments (10)