SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Neat Seed Story

While it is 101 outside....I decided to do some cleaning and sorting of my refrigerated seeds. Have been really negligent about this due to a couple of knee surgeries, a house flood, a wedding, my mom's extended illness...and running a horse farm. I was going through a bag and lots of them were no good, so I was tossing the bad and keeping the good. Bear in mind....some of these were from 2005....I am soaking them in their baggies in the peroxide solution. Most were well labeled. One bag with about 25 seeds was barely legible. I thought it said Navy seeds...couldnt figure out what that was, so got the magnifying glass and could barely make out the date - 7-24-06. OK fine, I thought....just some cross I had made back then. I washed the seeds, they are diploid, small, and are firm and seem like they will definitely be viable. Then it hit me. Eureka! I know what they are!

My wonderful son Jay entered the Navy June 1, 2006. He was graduating Boot Camp in Great Lakes, Illinois July 26. At the motel we were staying at, there was a flowerbed with blooming daylilies - yellow I think - so being the over the top gardner that I am.....I HAD to pick pods as a memento of the occasion. I brought them home to Texas, set them up in the fridge and forgot them. Now, today, they have surfaced! I am soaking them and these will be more prized to me than any cross I could imagine!

And.......I am waiting for a call from Jay and his wife - they are expecting their first child - my first grandchild - and we hope to find out if it is a boy or a girl!

Now, I hope my little seeds grow and prosper....they will get prime real estate and they will mark 2 momenteous occassions. What fun!

Judith

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus