SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Melanie Masons Daylilies

16 years ago

Well, all of you know I have added so many daylilies this year and almost all evergreen or semi evergreen. Only time will tell how they do here but I am hoping for very good. I just could not resist those gorgous flowers. Still, I prefer dormant folliage to evergreen folliage. Its what I am used to. Dies down in late fall, reappears every spring. So (after I got all the evergreens of course) I started looking into northern hybridizers and stumbled into North Country Daylilies and Longlesson Angus (Melanie Masons site). Of course I only found it after shipping for this year was done.

If you haven't seen any of her intros, do yourself a favor and take a look. Really beautiful flowers that are truely cold hardy as the farm is in zone 4 in upstate New York. I have flipped over her intros and am planning on buying for spring and lining one side of my driveway were I have a mixed border with her gorgeous hardy plants.

Any of you growing Mason intros? I would love to hear which are your favorites and why.

Here is a link that might be useful: Longlesson Farm

Comments (16)