SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Yesterday - Today blooms - pic heavy

Julia WV (6b)
11 years ago

Still have blooms and I guess the rain is finally working some magic. These were taken yesterday and this morning. Excuse the dead foliage, blooms and scapes in the pics.

ROUEN CATHEDRAL - planted last fall along with my other Rice purchases from the clump sale. Lots of buds and the scapes are amazing, at least to me. This should keep blooming through August. First pic was very early this morning and the second one is about 2 hours later.

RED SLEEVED WARRIOR - scapes are a bit short but the blooms are perfect and has been blooming the past couple of days but this morning, it gave me another round of blooms. Love the bloom on this one. Thanks Chris for being an enabler :-).

SECRETS AND LIES - a bit disappointing with the openings but it did have alot of scapes and buds and still more to go.

CITRON ENCHANTER - not its best opening but I did move it last year to the back garden. Still have more buds to go so hoping for a better opening.

FILLED TO OVERFLOWING - low budcount, scapes are so so. Moving it this year and seeing if it won't improve. Otherwise it is on the "out of the garden list".

INDY SNOWFALL - blooming in the foliage this year. It took a hit from the snowstorm and then hard freezes in the spring. Much like what happened to BROWN WITCH.

LONG LEGGED LAP DANCER - still blooming but on the final one...I think. This is the best bloom so far.

MEMORABLE KISS - short scapes this year but it still has more buds to go. Moving this one to the back garden this year.

LAURA HARWOOD - still putting on a show. This one is being divided and part of it will go to the back garden.

INDY MAGIC - disappointing budcount and scapes or lack thereof. Still a nice bloom.

INCA PUZZLE - still going strong.

TRULY ANGELIC - in overdrive with the blooms. Moving this one to the back garden also.

UP MILL CREEK - last bloom and this one did give me a great show this year even with the lack of rain.

CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR - blooming on another scape

EVIDENCE OF ALIENS - still going.

CANTER - still going strong.

SPACECOAST EASY RIDER - still blooming away.

WESTBOURNE VALENTINES DAY - low budcount, short scapes but the bloom is large and quite eye catching.

SUMMERTIME IDYLL - still going- moving this one also to the back garden.

SOMBREO WAY - just love the bright color of this one. I already have one clump of this in the back garden so this one will stay outfront but perhaps in a different location.

SILVER ICE - I was amazed to see this one bloom yesterday. Low budcount, shorter than normal scapes too. But it has a very soft color.

I think I should stop now. I have many more and the doubles are still going as well. Its too bad these aren't all blooming in the same garden bed LOL. What a bloom shot that would be.

Julia

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!