SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Out Planting Today

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Well, the front yard hardscape project is done and I will do a post when I have time. Took pictures and everything. So I am back in planting mode. I have plenty to do.

First off yesterday my last tall bearded iris order of the year arrived in the mail and I sorted and started planting but only got four done. Then today I planted the rest that I had spots for in my Tower Square Iris garden. That should have been it but they gave me so many free bonus iris that I have enough to plant them out in the front by the newly done terraces. I had originally planed to put iris out front in one corner but what with all the redos and the fact that I had not ordered for there, I had thought it simplier to just wait.

But before I could plant there I really needed the space to stand while planing daylilies. So I am currently replanting the daylilies that were moved out front and had to be lifted again when they had to redo the mini terraces (they put them in crooked). They are doing well and as I took them out with a clump of rootball and soil, I don't think they even realise anything happened. In fact they have grown lots during the week they sat off to the side waiting to be put back in place.

After I finish those then there are still the ones from the other end to do. I have them lifted and sitting in a tub to be redone also. But they will have to be arranged and I will have to see what will fit now as the garden is different than it was when it was just a slope. Now mini terraces.

It is going to all look really great when I get it planted/replanted. Its not going to be such a miss mass hodgepodge like it orinally was. More order. And surprisingly more room :-))

I also have to clean up, cut back and remulch the two rows of daylilies along the very front there as they are a dusty mess from the area in back of them being worked on. But it will all end up looking better in the end.

And for anyone wanting to see some truely stunning Tall Bearded Iris (especially Kay, who I know is easily led astray LOL) here is where my last Iris order I am planted now just came from. Everything I got is a Rockytop intro. Many 2010s and 2009s plus some older intros of theirs too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rockytop Iris Gardens and 2010 Intros

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus