SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deez_2008

Newbie with Hostas in Wisconsin

16 years ago

Hi! We purchase our first house last year. Naturally our first year was spent getting settled, but now, Spring is going to sneak up on me faster than expected. Our yard is a 'blank slate'. When the previous owners moved they took EVERYTHING and left us with one half dead maple tree in back (very sweet of them).

I started to pay attention to others yards and landscaping ideas, and I've come to realize I LOVE HOSTAS! I just purchased some Francee seeds. Oh, let me back up, did I mention I am new and have absolutely NO gardening experience???? Um.. yeah, this will be an interesting year I am sure.

I read a thread about seeds before and it gave me great info. But I have a question to add to that. Once I have the seeds germinating indoors, can I plant Francee in a house pot and then transplant her in the spring, or is this not a recommended practice? How far down should I plant a seed that has began to germinate (outdoors)?

I would love to ask more questions, as I have so many, but any info is greatly appreciated. Even a gardening vocab lesson is appreciated! LOL. I heard the term 'legging' when referring to seeds, but don't know what that is.

My last question... I'm 1/2 hour south of Green Bay, anyone willing to become my personal tutor?? LOL

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH