SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Looking for advice - throw rugs that won't stay put!

jel48
16 years ago

Once more, this morning, I have to move my long (hallway length - about 8 feet) throw rug back into the middle of the hallway. I bought this rug a few months ago when I moved into the house. At the time, it was put in place so that I could come in from the garden, across the uncarpeted kitchen and into my bathroom without tracking garden dirt on the hallway carpet. And, as a bonus, the rug even looks nice there!

BUT, by the time a day or two has gone by, the rug has ALWAYS scooted way over to the side of the hallway. It scoots toward the bathroom, and my only guess about why is that I must come ON to the rug most often from the other side, and every time I do so it moves over a fraction of an inch.

Does anyone know something that would really work to keep this rug in place? Keep in mind, it's sitting on top of berber carpet, not on a hard surface. I know they make stuff that you can cut to the size of the rug and put underneath so it doesn't slip on hard surface, but would that make any difference on top of carpet? I've even wondered about using upholstery tacks, but kind of concerned they might work out and I'd end up with one in my foot!!

Can anyone help me out?

Comments (12)