SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donicaben

Fragrant Fields - Heads Up

donicaben
15 years ago

I just orderred a couple of hops plants and four mints from Fragrant Fields (the only US store to carry the westerfield mints). I was less than impressed with what I got. Here's some pictures:

http://www.yourmedicaldeviceconsultant.com/fragrantfields/

And e-mail correspondance:

I am going to post this e-mail in reviews online with pictures of my plants so that people have a better idea of what to expect when orderring from your company.

Thank you.

Donica Ben

"Fragrantfields.com admin" wrote:

hello Donica-

I am sorry that you were so disappointed with the plants you received from us. the plants at this time of year are large and extremely well rooted. it is hard to please everyone as some would be happy with nothing less than what you received. we do not have a store and these are not leftovers which you received. it seems that you may be a seasoned gardener and are aware of the growth habit of mints. the roots of the mint are the most important part for a good plant. if you are looking for good strong plants these will produce just that. we have been growing herbs and perennials for over 25 years. if you will transplant them into larger pots or the ground which is what the majority of our customers do, by gently pulling apart the roots to promote new growth and cut off some or most of the tops that you don't like I can guarantee that you will have beautiful plants(even nicer, quicker than you would have had with smaller plants)showing in about ten days with sun and sufficient water. the same is true with the hops vine. they are well rooted plants which will give you a fast growing strong plant quickly. we do not ship anything out that we know will not make a good plant for a customer. it may not be the perfect plant that you received, but I can say it will make a great plant in your pot or garden. if you do not want to do this we will gladly refund your money and you can return the plants. please let me know what you would like to do.

carol hanson

--------- Original Message ----------------------------------

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:23:50 -0700 (PDT)

>Sir or Madam,

>

> I recently purchased four mint and two hops plants from your online store. I received them today and am appauled.

>

> They are root bound (one of which has at least three inches of brown, dried roots growing from underneath the pot!) with yellowing leaves. One of the mints looks like it was cut in hopes that one wouldn't know that it was overgrown in the pot. They are in very sad shape, and it doesn't look like shipping was the problem.

>

> These plants, honestly, look like they were the plants that would never get sold if a customer came into your store and chose one from the shelf.

>

> If corrective action isn't taken I will have to write very poor online reviews (with pictures!) on many of the popular gardening and mint forums (which make up most of your online business).

>

> Thank you

>

> Donica Ben

So, basically, all their plants look like this, and I'm about 90% sure that they expect you to foot the shipping to return them. They may be fine in about a month, but that isn't the point. I paid for plants that were to look nice now! So, just a heads-up.

Donica

Comments (3)