SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Off T - our place in the woods - for mctavish6 and everyone else

jel48
10 years ago

So, Myrle... It will take a bit to get all this on here, but you asked about the camp and about pictures and I am more than happy to oblige :-) We love sharing our little piece of heaven!

We bought 5 1/2 acres of wooded property (about a mile from the big lake (Superior)) in the fall of 2008. It contained a road in, two clearings, and in one of the clearings a 14x19 foot carport and a shallow well with no pump (but there was a hand pump still in the box, thrown in).

We decided to frame in the carport to make a primitive cabin, what is known as a hunt camp sort of thing in this area. Of course, the only thing we hunt with is our camera! So we worked hard that fall and got it framed in.

This first photo is probably from late 2010 or maybe even 2011, if I guess correctly! My guess is based on the fact that we added the deck, pergola, and flower boxes up front pretty early on, but not the first summer. The little deck to the side was added the following summer after the main deck. What you can just barely see off to the side, is an old camper that we used for tool storage while building. It is no longer there, but we have added a camper in that same spot, which we use as a kitchen. Basically, the main camp cabin is a nice big shed, with a front door and lots of windows. No electricity, no water, no kitchen. But we do have furniture there and storage, and a place to sleep.

Oh.. and gardens! Lots of gardens, as you will see as I add photos. And LOTS of color! Our summers are short, so we aim to get all the enjoyment out of our gardens that we can... while they last! And, not having much room in our garden at home, we do MOST of our gardening at the camp!

Comments (31)