SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nowater_gw

Appropriate amount of Acreage?

nowater
13 years ago

What is the appropriate amount of acreage? I understand different activities/preferences will vary between people. But i would like your opinion. Granite i am not in a stage to purchase land. But would like to start re-searching so within the next 3 Years i will be able to find a piece of real estate and know thats where i want to live/grow/build for my remaining future.

My plans for land. I was hoping to have just a small building on the land, with a rather large field and practice raising a few cattle.

Also, Large wooded area for both hunting/Recreation (snowmobiling) and for Logging? Is logging a good idea to keep in mind when looking at land. To create an added income?

So pretty much recreation/ few animals/ potential income possibilities.

Sorry this is a wall of text. My dream as it stands is to learn to live off the land, and to put sweat/blood/and tears into it. To learn to appreciate it.

So my idea of acreage, i dream of 50+ with a target of 80. These numbers are out of my price range, but price isnt my factor right now. I am in the dreaming stage, not the reality check stage :)

Any input would be appreciate it.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz