SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_zn_5

anyone feel helpless.......

dan_zn_5
18 years ago

I'll try to make this short.

I'm 29, married, 3 kids, 5,4,1 1/2. Wife likes the country life style but needs civilization.(malls, stores, etc...) Started working at age of 12 picking tobacco. Have built houses, box maker, electrical since i can remember, 7 yrs in the USCG, milked cows on 2 different farms, worked on 2 different veggie farms, etc....... and seem to be getting no where. I'm presently working days on the farm, the owner, then myself running the crews, and nights, my "real" job. Have my house and 2 vehicals and our health. Every year i grow a decent size garden (important for the boys to learn, and the wife too)have 2 turkeys and 20 or so chickens. We sell excess eggs to friends and family for the boys to learn responsibility and to start them off with chores 1 1/2 yrs ago. Now the neighbors complained of my chickens last week so i was told to get rid of them 'cause i only have an 1/2 acre. I'm so frusterated and sick of people telling what i can and can't do on my property. I think i'm gonna look for some more land with a fixer-upper but everything costs money and i just don't know when or how i can get to my goal. Did anyone ever feel helpless or just stuck in a rut and not knowing where to go? I know i can, and will survive but my mind works a bit quicker than just about everything else.

Thanks for any input....

Oh, by the way, i've been reading the forums on garden web for over 5 yrs, but just recently decicided to join... Thanks to all the yrs of usefull info and good stories.

Dan

Comments (14)

Sponsored