SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anchuz

Rosemary problems (yellow spots)

anchita
9 years ago

I am in Bay area, California (USDA zone 9, Sunset zone 15) and have two rosemary plants, both of which are affected by a problem where almost all the leaves have yellow spots (some leaves are entirely yellow) even though the plants are in different locations/conditions. They also seem to have tiny insects that fly off if I spray water on the plants, but return to the plant immediately thereafter.

One is a 2-3 ft. shrub in a large pot, sitting on a paved patio, and gets almost all day sun. The other plant is smaller, in the ground, in full sun. They are in opposite corners of a large back/side yard, separated by the house itself. They have many other plants close by, but those remain unaffected by this problem so far (knock on wood!)

I was going to try and take pictures, but then found this post on the internet, describing what sounds like the *exact* same problem that I have, right down to the little insects which look the same too.

Any pointers on what this might be and how to get rid of it would be much appreciated. I'm also wondering if the herb is still safe enough for culinary uses, and if it'll be after the treatments. If not, I'd rather toss it (at least the smaller one.) Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: description and pics of this problem

Comments (2)