SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livingthetruth

Bringing My Dream Homestead Down To Reality. HELP!

livingthetruth
14 years ago

Facts:

*I am searching for the land on which to situate my homestead.

*I've never gone Land shopping before, so I'm searching for answers and advice.

*I'd ideally have semi-fertile soil, some wooded area, a source of water(a well would work alright but I'd prefer a living water source like a stream/river) & NO house already on the property.

*I hope to one day to be 100% self-sufficient, therefor I would eventually owe only property taxes and although I will sell surplus to a farmers market, I'd like to have relatively low property taxes, so as to minimize my dealings with money. (dont be slow to believe this is a possible goal because I've researched it long and hard and i know how to grow, spin and weave my own cloths, save seeds, ect already.)

*I really love central Texas but I'd be willing to move anywhere as long as I can reach my goals of self-sufficiency there.

*I read A LOT, so ideally my land would be within a one days bike pilgrimage(there and back) of a good public library. Of course, I'd be willing to give up this goal in favor of a better piece of land.

If you have any questions, comments or answers for me then I'd absolutely LOVE to hear them.

Thank You all so much!

Comment (1)

Sponsored