SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rarejem

Some of my beautiful babies (seedling pics)

rarejem
14 years ago

There is something about having your very own seedling bloom that is almost impossible to describe. It is the most wonderful feeling, and even though my babies aren't as stunning as some that have been posted, they are all glorious to me.

Here are some of my seedlings that I liked enough to move up into my real beds last fall. Some are my own crosses, and some are from seeds that I purchased on the Lily Auction. Most of these are first or second blooms open this year, and I have been having a problem with openings on everything so far this season as it has been very cool.

1012 INNER DESTINY X CLOTHED IN GLORY I do the happy dance every time I see this baby. It has wonderful branching and budcount, and I love the little freckles that are a consistant feature on the petals.

1023 DESPERADO LOVE X LICORICE CANDY

The next three are very different siblings:

1028 JOHN PEAT X LACE COOKIES

1029 JOHN PEAT X LACE COOKIES

{{gwi:896478}}

1030 JOHN PEAT X LACE COOKIES

1038 BORDER MUSIC X LORI GOLDSTON

1042 AWAKENING DREAM X SPACECOAST SEEDLING FFO

1245 UNKNOWN X GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

1259 UNKNOWN X BARACUDA BAY

1295 STRAWBERRY CANDY X FREQUENT COMMENT

1008 COQUINA KEY X WILD MUSTANG

My unknowns weren't unknown when I started, but part of the marker wore off, and of course those are the handwritten records that I haven't been able to put my finger on yet. Am still working on it though, as I love both of those babies and really want to know the cross that made them!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to see my baby pictures!

Julie

Comments (13)