SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mintguy83

Mint Plants Under Seige by some sort of tick looking bug.

mintguy83
15 years ago

I just bought three mint plants from a local nursery a week ago. 3 days later I notices tiny clear bugs that resembled Ticks, bit they aren't ticks, crawling around the soil. I wanted to kill them before the problem got worse, so I bough some organic bug killer made with soybean oil as the active ingredient and coated the plants and the soil.

2 days after that, there were even more small clear bugs, AND my mint plants are now pocked with larger green stationary bugs!!!

I decided the organic pesticide was too weak, so I went and bought TWO different types of herbicide, one powdered and one spray form, both with two different active ingredient chemicals for a full spectrum assault. I powdered the ground in the pot with the powder, and coated the plants with the spray.

One day later, these little clear buggers are crawling around and playing in the powder like it is snow. And the stationary green bigger bugs have no moved.

What are these guys? How do I kill these and save my mint? Do I need to throw it all out, Raid spray the pot, and re-soil and plant new plant? (obviously from a different nursery)?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting