SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

lots of blooms and a new 'guest'. pic heavy

Cindy zone 6a
12 years ago

Well, I have been very busy, as you all are too. The local newspaper had featured my garden in a 1/2 page write up with a few pictures, and I have had lots of visitors ( the article did give some hours the garden would be open to visitors) guess lots of people decided to visit. I think there was only about 20 minutes last Saturday, that I did not have at least 4 people looking about. It was fun to meet new people and promote daylilies!!! I was surprised how some really didn't know much about daylilies beyond the ditch variety. I have 419 daylilies now, planted among other perennials. Several beds do feature the daylilies. AT any rate, I love this forum, and you are all wonderful enablers!!! I just have this weird thing that If I don't have the time to comment on others postings, I shouldn't post!!! OK that is probably really not necessay, so I will post and then see if I can play catch up! Here is a view of one area of the gardens.

I had a little guest pop in!! Don't know where he came from, must have dropped down from heaven!! Whiskey has become his foster parent. Here is the little one by the wooden bench. I have named him Babe.

He loves to play with Whiskey and the little one follows Whiskey around all day, sleeps with him, must think Whisk is his 'mother'. LOL

Like I needed another cat, but what can you do!! It breaks my heart to think he was all alone.

The blooms have been wonderful and many of my lates are just getting started. This is Jellyfish Jealousy, newly planted this summer. I love it!

This is Carnival in Brazil, which starts a little later for me.

From My Lips, a Hanson.

Autumn Wood, looking very nice.

Citrix, which Kay posted so much, that I had to go and get it!!

Rincon Del Mar, Dan Hansen.

Flying Carpet, a late bloomer.

The garden bench, where I eat my lunch!! And many visitors sat for a spell.

Lake Effect, blooming later and with many nice blooms, doesn't hold up in the heat so well.

Waves Become Wings, a late blooming Hanson.

Ed Brown, did well for me this year.

The Holo Deck, Hanson, love it!!

Oh, one more, Borg Technology, another Hanson!

OK, one more, that people either love or hate it!

Mama's Hot Chocolate!!!

Thanks for looking, I need to go look at everyone else's now!! Cindy

Comments (15)