SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
randolf_gw

tale of woe

randolf
19 years ago

arrrggghhhh

last season, I purchased five varieties of heirloom tomato seeds off the web. I grew brandywine, green zebra, caspian pink, big rainbow and tigerella. they were wonderful. they tasted magnificent. I started them in february and things were grand. this season I was way too involved in work and other personal matters and I didn't get my seeds planted indoors in time. so I bought hybrid tomatos at wal-mart and planted them. they look beautiful, the plants are thriving, they are heavy with fruit, they are ripening at a consistent rate. the only problem is they don't taste like anything. they are basically . little flavour. if any.

on a more positive note, however. I didn't clean my garden very well last fall and I had tomato plants volunteer in a few places. I let them grow and they are producing a few fruits. it appears that I have between two and three varieties of the heirlooms growing. there will only be a handfull of tomatoes, but it will be enough to convince me to start seeds this winter no matter how busy life makes me.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County