SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Flowers, and bugs

nat4b
10 years ago

Getting hot here. And no rain. They said a chance of thunderstorm.
I only saw one faraway lightning.

Some of today's flowers:

Barbara Mitchell FFO
{{gwi:885968}}

I was so looking forward to Prediction as it is one of my favorite brights, here's what I got for first flowers :s
{{gwi:885969}}

Russian Ragtime was quite pretty today. I can't get close to this one
{{gwi:885970}}

Nan's First Blush - FFO. I believe that lower petal is sticking out because of the buds, at least I hope so :)
{{gwi:885971}}

Lots of bunnies this year (excuse the red eyes lol)
{{gwi:885972}}

Shores of Time - FFO. And opened well and looked good, that's promising

Soul On Fire - I love this red, close ups look better but I always post individuals, so here's a sort of a clump
{{gwi:885974}}

Night Beacon FFO. Big plant but just a few scapes
{{gwi:885975}}

Sugar Cookie FFO
{{gwi:885976}}

Look how double Eyes On The Prize is today :)

So bugs.. Cicadas are here for about a week or so. And, those who used to have tons of earwigs, have you noticed that there are not as many out there this year? Could it be that drought decreased their population? If so I guess I just found one good thing about a drought :) So now I am dreading those awful Japanese beetles, haven't seen any yet.
And rant: Gnats. Millions of them! It's just terrible. They want to get into your eyes, nose, ears, mouth... One bastage finally got me yesterday, right near the eye, it still stings once in a while, and was a bump right after it bit me. Hate them. It's SO not a pleasure now to go out to take pictures in the morning. Go out in the yard at all. And yesterday I was watering and reminded myself of a cow on a pasture. Except instead of a tail I used my arms and was shaking head like crazy. Quite a sight for neighbors :) I tried a vanilla trick, but didn't seem to help much. Hmmm, I'd like to change my username, bad associations IYKWIM ;)
We will not use any insecticides 'cause my DH barely allows weed killers (of which we need gallons and gallons) :) End rant.

Thanks for looking!

Comments (14)