SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

Trip to see Curt Hanson

Cindy zone 6a
12 years ago

This forum is soooo busy, and I feel like I fell off a fast moving train. Yikes, can't keep up!! I try to read all the post and I love all the pics. I need to jump back on so I can share my wonderful day trip to Hanson's. I traveled with my sister in law, and I already knew that Dan Hansen would be there. A pleasant surprise was to meet John Rice of Thoroughbred Daylilies who was also visiting with Curt. Here is a picture of the three guys!

Curt, John and Dan.

We picked a perfect, although hot, day to visit. Curt was certainly at peak bloom. Just as a reference point, along the tree line slightly to the right of the center, you see a small white form, that is Curt working in his field.

Here is Curt posing for a pic, you can say he is "out standing in his field"

Dan, trying to take pics in the blazing sun.

Primal Scream, really screaming in Curt's field.

So many new intros were wonderful, a few are on my for- sure list for next year, ( when the price comes down!!)

There's a Place, 2011 intro.

Wikileaks, another 2011 intro.

The one I just loved, and couldn't take my eyes off of was Wayne's World, and I was so stunned by it, I didn't even take a picture!! go figure. It will be in my garden next summer for sure. I did come home with a few goodies, Curt was very generous once again! Even digging in the heat for us. Here are the ones I brought home with me!

Point of Divergence

Secrets & Lies

Guided by Voices

Aegean Wind, It was stunning in his gardens. Had to have it. All of these pics are in my garden after the daylilies have been planted, with the foliage cut, Curt left the scapes on, so I could still enjoy the bloom and I certainly am. I also brought home two more fans of The Holo Deck, cause I dearly love it!! No pic yet. It has tons of buds on it. Cindy

Comments (14)