SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakeron

Snake Stories

lakeron
15 years ago

A couple of amusing incidents in the last 10 days. At my favorite tavern a snake was seen under the pool table and an off-duty bartender was quietly informed so as not to alarm the patrons. When George, the bartender, returned with a push broom and began madly sweeping it was apparent that something was amiss. His words, "SNAKE! MOCCASIN!" did nothing to promote calm, with people leaping up on the bar. When I went forward to see he had already managed to usher it out the door and my view of its departing body identified it as a common black snake. Following it, I saw it climb into a motorcycle! The biker was not happy with this info and 'carefully' started the bike figuring that the heat would drive the snake out, which it finally did. I managed to fend off the offended biker from stomping the snake and let it proceed on its way to eat vermin.

Yesterday afternoon there was a commotion in my house with people running to and fro. (I have an extended household, all mature adults.) Fearing the worst, I grabbed my rifle and rushed to the scene and was greeted by the sight of a black snake trying to swallow its lunch, another snake, in the midst of a circle of 'apes' armed with clubs, hoes, etc. When I asked why they wanted to kill it as it was killing snakes, the tension evaporated and it was allowed to finish its lunch and go on its way.

ron

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus