SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephsbucs

Input Welcome- want to redo landscaping to Drought resistant

stephsbucs
16 years ago

Hi, I am new to the forum and love all the wonderful pics I have seen (although most won't grow in Tampa) very jealous!

We are wanting to redo our front yard and I am looking for ideas on drought tolerant/resistant plants that require little maint. once established. Our front yard is approximatly 100 feet wide with approx 70 of it being the area in front of the house that I want to redo the depth of the current bed is 3ft. Currently we have Hibiscus (sp?) and they are not fairing very well -actually they look very scraggley and sad. We also have Azaleas (three bushes to be exact) that have seen better days due to the drought conditions and water restrictions. I am moving them to our back yard because my daughter hates them in the front. We are looking for color as well, right now besides the two species of plants i just mentioned nothing else has flowers or any type of color other than green. We're looking for something that doesn't say BLAH as my daughter would put it. She likes uniformity, I want color so I am trying to combine the two. I will get pics of the yard if that will help. I just need ideas of what would say WOW and not BLAH!- I don't know all the names of the plants either-they were here before us and had no ryme or reason on thier placements. All tips/advice are VERY welcomed.

Comments (3)