SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_schreiber_gw

Can't believe fall is almost here....

linda_schreiber
12 years ago

This summer has flown. And late summer is the start of my busy season at work, so most of my 'fall clean-up' ends up being done in early spring, no matter how much I promise myself that this year will be different.

And I know that some of the more important things will be seriously "procrastinized"! So I plan for it....

Triangles of broken tomato stakes mark out where there are bulbs/rhizomes I need to dig out and overwinter elsewhere before the ground really freezes. (I always said I would never plant anything that couldn't just cope with it, but there are always the charmers I couldn't resist.) But there are times when I have to brush away a couple inches of snow to find the spot, long after the foliage is gone. Markers work better than memory.

Ditto for marking the areas where there will be room for small patches of the fall bulbs that will be arriving soon, and that I should be planting not that long thereafter. But that I may end up planting, after removing ditto snow, by flashlight, at 8pm, in fairly gentle sleet, in November [grins].

And other examples even more embarrassing....

Anyone else with fall/winter 'Procrastinator' tips?

Comments (4)