SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

I Can't Believe It....We're There...!

Buehl
15 years ago

With the exception of a couple of items on special order, our Kitchen is DONE (from the KD & Contractor's POV)!!!!

Thursday evening I got the go-ahead to start putting dishes, etc. away...and guess what I was up all night that night doing (I do mean ALL night!)

I had to redo my storage plan, but I did that and now I've got my flatware, utensils (cooking & prep), pots & pans, dishes, and some other things put away.

[I started to bring the stuff in from the PODS but I discovered bugs in the wrappings...so now I have to go through each box/bag b/f I bring the stuff inside. It's going to take a little longer, but I hate bugs in my house!]

What's left?

• Plugmold...one outlet doesn't work and it's a special-order item

• Decorative Door Panels for the ends of my peninsula...custom size, so also special-order

Now, it's our turn....

• Pantry...we have to paint and put up shelves (SharB, if you're still around, I may have questions since your pantry is my model!)

• Paint...I'll be posting swaths of paint for your opinions soon

• Hardwood floor in DR...I almost have my DH convinced to go with 3/4" hardwood rather than Engineered/Veneer

• New carpet in FR...our carpet is an example why you should not have carpet in the kitchen (FR was temporary kitchen for almost 6 months!)

• Order & Install...

• Tray Dividers
    • Drawer Dividers (for utensil drawers--prep, cook, gluten-free tools)
    • Cushy Cupboards
    • Trash Can under prep sink
    • Register Covers
    • NeverMT
    • Tapmaster for prep sink

We hosted a last-minute 4th of July Party and everyone ooed & ahed....very gratifying!

Pictures soon!

Comments (36)