SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rahlquist

Bad year..But I found a Persimmon tree!

rahlquist
16 years ago

Hey all,

This has been a truly cruddy garden year for us. We live in Carroll county and have been under a 100% water ban for those of you who don't know. So my wife and I have bought lots of bottled water when out and about and used it to water what we could when we could. The roses have barely survived, the sunflowers(ornamental) didn't make it, the willow tree is trying to make it, and my cherry tree got overrun by some kind of borer and is dead... Kudzu is doing good though LOL..

So today I was cutting the back 40 and we have a wild patch back there thats weeds and trees and kudzu and berry brambles etc. For the past year and a half there has been a stand of 3 trees there that have been steadily growing but I wasnt sure of their breed They are not horribly healthy and have a lot of black spots on their leaves. Today I finally think I know what they are, each tree had 1 1.5" fruit on it, not ripe yet so I plucked one and I am 99% sure these are persimmon trees. Does anyone have any idea what the black spot on their leaves might be and what I can do to save them?

Comments (3)

Sponsored