SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
football45013

Pumpkin Progress Update--Same Problems Again

football45013
11 years ago

So I joined this forum back in June and in that post, I mentioned that every year, when my pumpkins start turning orange, they will suddenly develop a soft spot, which then develops into a black spot that causes the pumpkin to just rot away. Well, here we are towards the end of another growing season and yet again, I have a pumpkin that developed a soft spot, which then started turning black and now I'm just waiting for the pumpkin to rot away. It was starting to get really orange also. Can anybody tell me what this soft spot is and why it keeps happening year after year after year? What can I do to prevent it? I'm at my wits end, as I just don't know what to do anymore. I've attached a picture of this spot.

PS: This spot started off as just a spot that was lighter in color than the rest of the surrounding pumpkin. It then started turning black and started creating an indentation in the pumpkin. I wish I had taken a picture of the spot when I first noticed, but I didn't. Anyways, any help as to what this spot is and what I can do to prevent it next year would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (9)

Sponsored