SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

score! score! score!!!

conniemcghee
14 years ago

Oh my gosh you guys!

So I called an upscale nursery this morning to ask if they had any Asiatic or Oriental Lilies (thank you Rita). Yes they did, and they are blooming like crazy and I should come see them. Oh, and also by the way, all our daylilies are 20% off right now.

Internally I'm thinking, "Probably more Stella and Purple d'Oro..."

Oh. My. Gosh.

I got there and could not BELIEVE the selection of daylilies! It wasn't as many as I would find at a grower, but it was quite a shade better than anything I have ever seen!

I spent two hours going through them all, making sure I saw everything.

I saw quite a few, surprisingly, that had been on my "wish list," things I had found online that I really wanted to see in person, and some I have seen you all post here.

I got:

Apricot Sparkles: This one is supposed to be a really great bloomer. We had to ride around in a golf cart for half an hour to find it. LOL

Ruffled Apricot: Another I had wanted to see. It had one bloom left on it, and I knocked it off putting it in the car. :( But the color is amazing!! Very warm, sunny apricot. I think it's my favorite as far as color.

Double Almond: Had seen a picture of this and came close to ordering it, but just wasn't sure. After I saw it I was sure. :)

Mini Pearl: Who was it the other day who said I really needed to go see them in person because I would be surprised at something I never would have thought I'd like? That was the case with this. I've seen pictures and it didn't really light any fires, but GOOD GOLLY! The buds and branching on this thing are outright amazing!!! And it's a sweet little color too.

Big Smile: TICKLED to death to see this one! Someone here has posted pictures of it and I was so smitten. It didn't have a bloom, only buds, but knew I had to have it! I can't wait to see a flower. In the pictures posted here, it glowed!

Ed Brown: I think I've also seen this one posted here. I wasn't even thinking about him, but every time I passed him he said, "HEY! HEY! Look at me!! Don't I look good! I match all your other daylilies! Come on!" I finally realized that I was stopping to look at him every time I went by, so he came home too.

I also got Arctic Snow and Ice Carnival to round out my white collection for the white garden. :) I already have Lime Frost and Gentle Shepherd. Maybe I will get Joan Senior too eventually.

Anyway, just had to share my excitement with people who would understand! Husband came out and patiently listened to the story about each one, but I don't think he really gets it. :) LOL

Comments (5)