SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy_fl_gardener

Lots to harvest this week

This week has kept me exceptionally busy picking beans. Mostly bush beans. However, two of the pole bean varieties are needing to be now picked too. The last one not producing yet is Bluelake pole bean.

This picture is just a small sample of the beans that I have left to can or freeze. Bush beans are in the white flat trays and the pole beans are on the tablecloth. On the left is Rattlesnake (my favorite for flavor), and on the right is Spanish Musica, which measure 9 inches long. The Spanish Musicas are a flat and start producing as early as the bush beans. Something to consider if you are wanting to stagger harvest times a bit.

Silvia, the pickled beans on the right are the recipe you gave me, Lemon Spiced Bean Pickle and the ones on the right are Dill Beans with Garlic.

This next picture shows harvested jabotocabas, long and picking cukes, blueberries and cherry tomatoes. The squashes are Butterstick and Cocozelle. The cherry tomatoes are just starting to ripen--finally.

This next picture is of squash plants that I forgot to tag. With white flowers I can't guess what it is. I got the seeds either from Tom or Silvia. So, help. What is it?

Here's a couple of Tromboncino squash. Seeds came from Tom. Can't wait to see what they look like full grown.

Christine

Comments (12)