SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rarejem

Finally some blooms in the Pacific Northwest!

rarejem
13 years ago

We have finally warmed up and I actually had more than one or two nice daylily blooms this weekend. Our very early spring was warm, so scapes started coming up earlier than normal, and then we got hit with almost three months of cool wet weather which kind of brought everything to a halt. Most of the first blooms were distorted or just didn't open right. We finally got some heat (60 degrees for months, and then up to 95 overnight... I know that some of you who have been going through such awful heat spells won't sympathize, but that difference is hard to adjust to!) The daylilies loved the heat change though, and I thought that I would share some of the blooms that I enjoyed over the weekend. Most of my earlies/ early mids are older daylilies, but clumped up, I think that they are every bit as impressive as some of the newer ones.

BESS ROSS

CELEBRATION OF ANGELS never has the color for me that it does in warmer climes, but it is sure a bloom machine.

EYES A BLUE is in my top 10. It's bud count and branching is very impressive, and it is just plain lovely.

FORBIDDEN DREAMS is one of my chameleon daylilies, never looking the same from day to day. This is it's FFO face after scaping in cool weather...

HOUSE OF ORANGE

MISS JESSIE

NOON LIGHT always looks like it is lit up from within. I had several daylilies poly this weekend, including this one.

And I'll end with a garden pic... from no blooms to this almost overnight. What a surprise!

Thanks for looking,

Julie

Comments (22)