SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
btbarbara

What time is it?

12 years ago

I'll say I'm about halfway between Macon and Atlanta since the climate varies a lot in GA.

My summer garden is doing pretty well...we had fresh strawberries coming out our ears for a while and I'm hoping the Ozark Beauties might crank out another batch when it cools off a little but this is my first time growing them so I'm not sure. I've made a ton of pickles and still get cukes every day or so. I'm drowning in Cayennes and have no idea what to do with them all. I've got enough watermelons and cantaloupes to feed an army just calling to me from the vines. My corn is finally getting tassles but that's all so far. So I'm getting a little bored. It seems like it's too late to plant any more summer veggies and too early for fall stuff. What can I do now?

I managed to kill my only tomato plant earlier in the summer...is it too late to plant some tomatoes and different kinds of peppers for the fall (from seedlings so they have a head start)? I know it's too early for carrots or lettuce. I think I've figured out that we're right on the tail-end for planting beans...I might try to get some in this weekend and see if I can pull it off. Can I plant potatoes or sweet potatoes in this heat or should those wait till spring? I've just started researching growing herbs but don't even know where to start. I'm just jonesing to get my hands in the dirt and baby something new...are you resting now or what are you doing for your fix this time of year?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm