SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_bochonko

Will weed cloth on slope help for erosion?

Kathy Bochonko
18 years ago

Okay bmalone started me thinking when she was talking about fixing her creek banks, and I am wondering would weed cloth help hold the soil in in the problem pockets of my rock garden until those plants fill in? I had planted some creeping raspberry and forsythia and things that should help stabilize the area, but the water keeps washing out the soil (which was mulched with rock, but to be honest I can't afford to buy all that pea gravel and eggrock again if it is going to wash down the slope again.) I really hate to give up on this, but I don't know what I can do to stabilize the area. In the last year I have put in all the dirt I can find anywhere in my yard, including what they dug for the footings of my deck and stairs not to mention about 100 bags of tops soil, and all of that is gone and then some. So if I am going to go through the labor and all the expense to fill the holes, how can I hold the dirt in place for the rest of hurricane season? Any ideas? I hate to keep throwing good money after bad.

Comments (10)

Sponsored