SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobby1973_gw

HIde Green Utility Boxes

bobby1973
9 years ago

Hi folks - I recently moved into a newly constructed home and out of the 4 houses in the culdesac, I had to be the one who got stuck with all those butt-ugly green electrical boxes on my property. I attached a photo of the right corner of my house that includes one of these green boxes. It actually looks more like a torpedo. Anyhow, I'm trying to sketch out ways to obscure them with plant material.The solution that I have come up with so far is to create a large circle/oval bed that incorporates the green structure. My plan would be to fill it with a collection of Ornamental Grasses and medium size boulders, to create a bit of a 'rock garden' appearance. I don't want to incorporate any colorful flowers into this bed because I don't want it to detract from the foundation beds and the background stone wall. I just want this bed to be peaceful, filled with plant material that will sway in the breeze. I'm thinking about placing a cluster of Blue Oats Grasses in the foreground of the bed, Muhley Grasses in the center, and Red-leaved Miscanthus towards the back end of the bed. I thought this would create a staggered collection of grasses with different textures and colors. I would love to hear of any alternative plant materials that any of you would select for this bed. Thank you kindly!

bobby

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County
More Discussions