SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meredith77

what's up with my zebra grass?

meredith77
18 years ago

new member, hope someone can help!

I bought 2 zebra grass plants at Lowe's a couple of weeks ago. They looked very healthy and are young plants in maybe 1/2 gallon containers. Had old growth underneath that had obviously been cut back earlier in the year. Now they are all withered up on the ends, bent over, and looking quite "stringy". I planted them on the south side of my house where they do get some sun but aren't in full sun all day long due to a large pine tree. They should be getting at least 4-5 hours a day. The soil is nice and black (haven't had it tested yet but I thought ornamental grasses in general did quite well in most soil types) and they have gotten ample water. The crowns are just at soil level. Do you think they might just be in shock from being planted? They're really looking pretty awful right now and i'm afraid they may be on their way out. The other thing is that it was about 80 degress when i planted them and we've had a bit of a cold snap in the meantime (40's at night and 60's during the day). any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus
More Discussions