SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diggerdee

experience with greywater systems?

Hi,

I've asked this before on a forum here in the past, but I thought this new forum might be a good place to ask again.

Does anyone have any experience in using a greywater system? I'd be interested in hearing what people have done, whether it's just saving water in a bucket or some elaborate set-up.

I'm on a septic system, but my washer machine and dishwasher already go to a dry well. I'm considering trying to have a plumber hook up my dry well discharge to a holding tank, as well as routing the shower and sinks there also. I'd want something that I can switch back and forth between the tank and the dry well, for seasonal use as well as times when I just can't use the water up in the suggested time period. I have a small cut-flower business and would like to use this water for my cutting and perennial gardens. (don't think I'd use it for the veggies, although I do use organic soaps, shampoos, and laundry soaps.)

Does anyone do this, or is anyone considering it? And if so, can you tell me specifics - plans, costs, results, etc?

I'd appreciate any imput. I've read up on the subject but would like to hear from people who have actually done something with it.

Thanks!

Dee

Comments (24)

Sponsored
More Discussions