SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deannabelle

Young, Poor, Frustrated 'Gardener'

deannabelle
15 years ago

I just got into gardening aout a year ago, and I not so much frustrated because of impatience but because of finance.

It is hard to spend months and months on a plant and have it die a slow or quick. But what's more frustrating is that I cannot afford to replace the plants I kill.

I am trying VERY hard not to kill them. At the beginning of July (it's now Sept.) I moved from Portland, OR to Blazing Hot, CA. The plants did okay, suprisingly. But my happy, thriving banana plant turned black and shriveled up in a week! What's up with that?

Also, I bought two gardenias when I first moved here - August Beauty and Everblooming. THe August Beauty is totally dying (I had it repooted into a crappy pot but just repotted it into the container in which it came today), while its friend the Everblooming Vietchii is doing well. I have no clue why. However, neither are blooming.

I would like to save all of plants if I can. Also, I'd like some tips on what kind of economical, fragrant plants I can buy. I am just so frustrated spending the past year and a half on plants and I only got a few measely blooms from a common jasmine. Even my pink jasmine didn't bloom!

Sorry for this rant.

Comments (4)