SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mairenn

how bout a NEW whine thread? ahh, spring.

mairenn
18 years ago

my goodness, where to start?

we need RAIN.

my black cherry got blight. cut it down and it mashed my hedge, and I'm too tired to roll it off right now, plus I think it will take three people to do it. not to mention it is covered in an old dead HUGE poison ivy vine that I will have to skin off with a machete and try to get into trash bags before I can use the wood. I am going to have to wear a beekeeper's costume to avoid wearing or breathing the dust.

nutsedge, nutsedge, NUTSEDGE.

discovered AFTER we bought our house that the back yard used to be part of an ancient auto mechanic's graveyard. three years later, still harvesting broken glass, slag metal, and the occasional hub cap after every rain.

our neighbor across the cul-de-sac, bless his heart, tore out the basketball goal on his curb, which was there when he moved in, and was a favorite spot of all the neighborhood kids including mine. Because his 8-year-old kept riding his bike through the middle of everybody else's basketball game, and went crying to mommy that the other kids were being mean to him. So now I have a shiny new basketball goal on my curb....where my flowerbed was going to go.

the garbage man likes to put my trash can back on my baby crepe myrtle.

i have a hill that would make a great waterslide if we could get the rocks out of it. thank you, subdivision developers who take out topsoil and then mash the underlying clay into terracotta.

the corner of my yard is slowly washing downhill into my neighbor's. along with all the pool sand that came in from my uphill neighbor's yard.

and that's not all....

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!