SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Lates, an ffo, and a fond farewell

shive
10 years ago

Here is a combination of photos from yesterday and today. I'm starting with daylilies by Northern hybridizers and working my way into the Southern bred flowers.

BEST FOR LAST (Rice 2011) will likely be my best budded large flower. The best scape has 31 buds and the others range from 24-27. It's definitely my best late.

KENTUCKY LUCKY (Rice 2007) will be in the Top 10 best budded with 24 buds on its best scape. Today it had 12 flowers open on the clump - pretty good for a plant that's only been here two years. The flowers are blooming down in the foliage, as many of mine are this year, but that's not normal for this late bloomer.

KENTUCKY WOMAN (RIce 2010) is a first time bloomer in my garden. It was a bonus.

ENTWINED IN THE VINE (Emmerich 2007) with its ffo. I've been waiting two years for this one to open, and I love it!

REAP THE WHIRLWIND (Benz 2008)

MARGO REED INDEED (Murphy 2004)

STEALTH BOMBER (Hanson 2005)

EL DESPERADO (Stamile 1991) - This is our transition from North to South. It was hybridized in the north before Stamile moved to Florida.

BULLFROG KISSES (Smith 2008) - This is the last bloom. I hope I'll get rebloom on this one.

PINK ALOHA (BUNTYN 2006) - The first flower was light pink, and this one is bright pink. The true color is probably somewhere in between the two.

BAJA CALIFORNIA (Trimmer 2011)

VIA VENETO (Reilly 2003)

Debra

Comments (30)