SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Mariposa Blanca "White Butterfly Ginger". Ohhhmyyyy!

This is the " Cuban National Flower " ,

A friend gave me bulbs in the spring and they are starting to bloom.

They are the most fragrant flowers I have ever smelled in my life....

Truly incredible!!!

Take care.

I'll post as they open more....

Laura

Comments (5)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    9 years ago

Hi Laura!

Congrats! I love the scent of Hedychium coronarium. I've got a pot full of green stalks but no signs of buds will probably have to wait until next year to sniff its glorious scent. :)

-Robert

• fragrant2008
    9 years ago

Thanks guys/girls another one on the list for next year :)

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Congrats my awesome friend!

You can make anything flower with your green thumb and good heart! Everythinge revels under the sun and under your care)

Do you have those planted in the ground? In a container?
    Do you have to protect all winter? Can I grow one?
    Where do I even buy a bilb?

That is a definite along my pond potected under a covering that prevents the soil from freezing!
    Darn, if I had known about this one, I would of actively searched and planted one this year!

Hugssss

Mike

• Andrew Scott
    9 years ago

Beautiful Laura! I can only imagine how nice they really smell!

Andrew

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Robert!! I really love this one too!! I was surprised that it bloomed so soon .. It is the best that I have ever smelled. Truly, a gift from Mother Nature !! Please posts when you smells yours. I can't wait!!!

Fragrant.. I would highly recommend this one. Better than tuberoses to me. That says a lot!! ;-)

Hi sweet mike!!! ;-). I have mine growing in a Container. They wouldn't take the cold winters, so I will bring In The container with the bulbs. I received these from a friend who had them from their relatives in Cuba. It is a very special and when I seperate them in the spring I'll share with you !!!

I have seen Gingers listed on eBay under one stop aloha. Matt from Hawaii carries gingers. But I'm not sure if he carries this variety.

Take care, mike! Thanks always for your vote of confidence. ;-).

Andrew. It smells heavenly. It's so hard to explain, but better than Anything !! It is that awesome..

Hope you are well!!

Night all.

Laura