SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thinking about taking some gardening classes...

lavender_lass
11 years ago

It's been so crazy around here the last several months that I'm thinking when everything finally calms down, it might be fun to take a couple of classes. My brother is going back to school for a different career...and I'm kind of envious. I'm so happy for him, but I've also been thinking that my current job is not my dream job. While it's been important to help my husband get his business started, it's not really my choice of careers.

So, I'm thinking about taking a few gardening classes, maybe some landscaping and a few environmental studies classes. If I do this, it won't be until spring...but I'm kind of excited about it. I'd still be helping my husband (at least for a while) but maybe I could do some seasonal garden/design work, once I finish my classes.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with all of you...maybe because I think you'll understand this more than my non-gardening friends. Has anyone else taken gardening classes? Did you enjoy them? I'm mainly interested in gardens that do well in our extreme climates and designing organic gardens to attract all kinds of wildlife...from birds and butterflies to bees and toads. Maybe even come up with a few ways to keep deer out of the roses and get those pesky yellow jackets in a better mood. But mainly, to encourage hedge rows and other environmentally friendly areas to promote natural habitats, even in the suburbs :)

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH