SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chattahoochee_gw

Need to use a gift certificate for Wayside Gardens

chattahoochee
17 years ago

A non-gardening family member gave me a $100 gift certificate for Wayside last summer....a nice and generous gesture for which I'm very grateful. Unfortunately my experience with Wayside has not been good. Now granted, I've only placed one order about three or four years ago and it was during one of their sales, but oh my goodness, what poor specimens of spindly plants!

When I received the gift, I mulled over the catalog and website and thought I'd be safe if I ordered a large pot. I got busy and failed to place the order. Now here I am in the midst of springtime gardening chores, thinking again about how to use this gift certificate. The pot I liked last year is no longer available.

What to order, what to order... I have a garden full of old garden roses and perennials, a fern, hosta and hellebore filled shade garden, and a deck with lots of herbs in pots. I was thinking about adding some clematis but have heard that Wayside sends tiny pots that take years to mature.

I need suggestions on how to make the most of this lovely gift. Has anyone had a good experience with any recent purchase? Any unusual plants? Should I limit my order to plant markers? What's a safe bet at Wayside?

Comments (13)

Sponsored