SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

New and repeats from Tuesday & Wednesday

Julia WV (6b)
11 years ago

JP's are starting here and we spent yesterday setting up a Bag-A-Bug and then checking the plants. We shall see just how effective the beetle trap is. Last time I checked, there were probably about 10 + that were caught yesterday after I set up the trap. It seems they love my seedlings, bee balm and coneflowers. Too hot yesterday. No rain...well measurable rain yet. My so called grass is crunchy and dead. I guess that is why the beetles are emerging. Here are some new and then repeats. Enjoy.

MAUI SUNRISE - new last year and what a large bloom this one is. Opened perfectly (twins)yesterday. Late morning I noticed it started to roll back(second pic) Excellent scape height. Not sure on the buds yet.

JOAN DERIFIELD - filled with buds which prevented some blooms from opening fuller.

KIPLING - shorter in scape height than I would like and has been a problem with decent openings. I've had it 3 seasons and will plan to move it and see if it improves next year. Otherwise I have to eliminate it.

SIMPLY SCINTILLATING - new here this year so can't judge scape height, buds etc. I like the pink color and I'm sure next year, it will be a winner.

SPRING MYSTIQUE - ffo's yesterday. Didn't get a photo before the sun came up so it is backlighted but then the second photo is late morning when I had to use an umbrella to help shield the sun. I got this last year from The Lily Farm along with several others. Too bad I couldn't use it in a cross. The temps were way too high.

FLAMING WILDFIRE - ffo yesterday. Tall scapes,lots of buds and increases very good and I'll end up dividing it this year.

TRAHLYTA - ffo yesterday. Always a winner here.

WORTH IT ALL - still pumping out the blooms.

PRAGUE SPRING - noctural opener. A winner here.

BLACK FALCON RITUAL - was in overdrive yesterday.

HALF MOON KEY. Always a trooper.

That is it for this post and I'm sure I missed some but many more blooms to open yet. :-).

Julia

Comments (12)