SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

large rose trellis on wall: any photos?

girlgroupgirl
11 years ago

So many of you know I have a pink house and a purple house side by each. Both have gardens growing (slowly) in size.

Recently we had two more trees taken out behind the pink house (and I hope they let us take out #3 this year, it's a crazy tree leaning precariously over two houses. Sadly, it's a healthy pecan. I just wish it could be straight. I like the pecans to eat!!!) ... it has made way for a full, hot beating sun garden on the back of the house where it was previously shady.

The wall is large back there, large and bare. I have a large rose that would be fine on the back wall and I'm thinking of building a large trellis right against the wall: well, blocked off the wall several inches. The house is wood, I'm not worried about insects because we will be replacing the house at some point. Frankly our biggest problem has been rats burrowing under the "foundation" (there is no foundation, it's a strangely built house). YUCK!!

Does anyone have a wall trellis they can take photos of? I'm thinking of building it out of treated wood 2x2's and simply having it spray painted the same color as the house so it doesn't stand out.

Thanks,

Glynis

Comments (8)

Sponsored