SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
louisianagal

Do you return your dead plants/1yr warranty?

louisianagal
14 years ago

Hi

I did this for the first time today. I always keep my receipts in my garden journal so I can see when I bought something, and I write the name of the plant on the receipt if it just says "1 gal perennial," for example. Well I had bought 3 yews for evergreen interest, for around $15 each, and 2 did great, but the other one was dead brown. Since it was rather expensive (for me) I decided to bring it back. It was embarrassing, but I got my $15 credit on a store card (Home Depot). No questions asked, but you do have to give them the dead plant, which I did. I also had another perennial, a sage, only $2.50 but I returned it as well, to Lowe's.

Lest you think that these big box stores have a preponderance of dying plants, I also buy from a very reputable and great service family-owned nursery, usually moderately more expensive, and another large, sort of wholesale family nursery with very reasonable prices, and I've had my share of deaths from them too, only they don't refund. I've gotten some very good bargains, very healthy specimens, from the local big box stores, which are much closer and easier for me to get to.

Laurie

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES